The Slate Caverns - Our Data Protection Policy
This Privacy Statement was last updated 24th May 2018
At Llechwedd Slate Caverns Ltd we are committed to protect and respect your privacy in compliance with EU - General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) 2016/679, dated April 27th 2016. This privacy statement explains when and why we collect personal information, how we use it, the conditions under which we may disclose it to others and how we keep it secure. This Privacy Statement applies to the use of our products and to our sales, marketing and customer contract fulfillment activities. It also applies to individuals seeking a job in Llechwedd Slate Caverns Ltd.
Who are we?
Llechwedd Slate Caverns Ltd are the owners of the Llechwedd Slate Quarry site and operators of the Llechwedd Deep Mine and Quarry Explorer Tours, as well as all on site amenities such as the Café, Gift Shop, Emporium and Pub & Grill. Our company’s headquarters is located at Llechwedd Slate Caverns, Blaenau Ffestiniog, Gwynedd, North Wales. LL41 3NB.
Llechwedd Slate Caverns Ltd is the data controller and can be contacted by email: email@example.com
When do we collect personal data about you?
• When you book a tour, enter competitions or make purchases in our online store.
• When you interact with us in person, through correspondence, by phone, by social media, or through our website.
• When we collect personal information from other legitimate sources, such as third - party data aggregators, marketing partners, public sources or social networks. We only use this data if you have given your consent to them to share your personal data with others.
• We may collect personal data if it is considered to be of legitimate interest, and if this interest is not overridden by your privacy interest. Before data is collected we make sure an assessment is made, ensuring that this is an established mutual interest between or working in our company.
• We may use your information for the following purposes:
• Send you marketing communications, which you have requested. These may include information about our products and services, events and activities.
This communication requires your consent.
• Send you information about the products and services that you have purchased from us.
• Perform direct sales activities in cases where legitimate and mutual interest is established.
• Reply to a ‘Contact me’ or other web forms you have completed on our website.
• Follow up on incoming requests (customer support, emails, chats, or phone calls).
• Perform contractual obligations such as order confirmation, invoice, reminders, and similar.
• Contact you to conduct surveys about your opinion on our products and services.
• Process a job application.
Our legal basis for collecting personal data
Collecting personal data based on consents
The collection of personal data based on consent from the data subject will be done by using ‘Consent Forms’ that will store documentation related to the consent given by the individual. Individual consents will always be stored and documented in our systems.
Collecting personal data based on contracts
We use personal information for fulfilling our obligations related to contracts and agreements with customers, partners and suppliers.
Collecting personal data based on legitimate interest
Primarily related to our sales and marketing purposes. We will keep you up to date with future events you may be interested in. We will always inform individuals about their privacy rights and the purpose for collecting personal data.
What type of personal data is collected?
We collect name, phone number, title and email address, in addition to your contact information. We may also collect feedback, comments and questions received from you in service - related communication and activities, such as meetings, phone calls, documents, and emails. From our website we may collect IP - address and actions taken on the site.
If you upload videos or photos, add posts or comments, etc. on our website or social channels, the information can be read by anyone and used for purposes over which Llechwedd Slate Caverns Ltd or you have no control. Therefore, Llechwedd Slate Caverns Ltd is not responsible for any information you submit to the website or social channels. These are not limited to Facebook, Twitter, Instagram or Google services.
If you apply for a job at Llechwedd Slate Caverns Ltd, we collect the data you provide during the application process.
How long do we keep your personal data?
We store personal data for as long as we find it necessary to fulfill the purpose for which the personal data was collected, while also considering our need to answer your queries or resolve possible problems, to comply with legal requirements under applicable laws, to attend to any legal claims/complaints, and for safeguarding purposes.
This means that we may retain your personal data for a reasonable period of time after your last interaction with us. When the personal data that we have collected is no longer required, we will delete it in a secure manner.
Your rights to your personal data
You have the following rights with respect to your personal data:
• The right to request a copy of your personal data that Llechwedd Slate Caverns Ltd holds about you.
• The right to request that Llechwedd Slate Caverns Ltd corrects your personal data if inaccurate or out of date.
• The right to request your personal data is deleted when it is no longer necessary for Llechwedd Slate Caverns Ltd to retain such data.
• The right to withdraw any consent to personal data processing at any time. For example, your consent to receive marketing communications:
• Please note that you may still receive system messages and administrative communications from Llechwedd Slate Caverns Ltd, such as order confirmations, system messages and notifications about your account activities.
• The right to request that Llechwedd Slate Caverns Ltd provides you with your personal data and, if possible, to pass on this information directly (in a portable format) to another data controller when the processing is based on consent or contract.
• The right to request a restriction on further data processing, in case there is a dispute in relation to the accuracy of processing of your personal data.
• The right to object to the processing of personal data, in case data processing has been based on legitimate interest and/o r direct marketing.
This information is used to make websites work more efficiently, as well as to provide business and marketing information to the owners of the site, and to gather such personal data as browser type and operating system, referring page, path through site, domain of ISP, etc. for the purposes of understanding how visitors use a website. Cookies and similar technologies help us tailor our website to your personal needs, as well as to detect and prevent security threats and abuse. If used alone, cookies and web beacons do not personally identify you.
Do we share your date with anyone?
Llechwedd Slate Caverns Ltd is committed to our visitors and as such we do not share, sell, rent, or trade your information with any third parties without your consent.
If required by law:
We will disclose your personal information if required by law or if we, as a company, reasonably believe that disclosure is necessary to protect our company’s rights and/or to comply with a judicial proceeding, court order or legal process. However, we will do what we can to ensure that your privacy rights continue to be protected.